Welcome to the Fox Islands Wind Project website! Completed in the fall of 2009, FIW is the largest community wind-power facility on the East Coast of the United States.
On this website, you will find recent news articles, power- production data, background information and frequently asked questions that we hope you will find helpful.
We welcome your questions, comments and suggestions to improve this site. Please send all inquiries and feedback to .
- Work on Wind Turbine Blades - 8/2/2011
- Fox Islands Electric Coop Update on Turbine Performance and Noise Issue – 4/7/2011
- Year One Production Results
- Fox Islands Wind highlighted in national study on community wind financing
- Fox Islands Electric Coop Update on Turbine Performance and Noise Issue – 12/7/2010
- Fox Islands Electric Responds to Maine Department of Environmental Protection
- Fall 2010 Sound Study Documents
- Fox Islands Electric Coop Update on Turbine Performance and Noise Issue – 10/7/2010
- Update to the Fox Islands Electric Cooperative on Discussions with the Maine Department of Environmental Protection - 9/17/2010
- Fox Islands Wind to work with Maine Department of Environmental Protection to clarify discrepancies between sound experts - 9/10/2010
- Survey Results - July 2010